QueryMachine is database independent SQL engine for queries to
non-specific source of the data, such as XML, flat files, regular relational
databases or all of above. It supports XML-Related Specifications
(SQL/XML) FCD ISO/IEC 9075-14:2005 (E).
It was designed for one specific purpose: to execute the query
for the data containing virtually in any type of the structured storage.
However, there are extensions to standard SQL-92 which adds compatibility
with the different data sources.
QueryMachine.XQuery is XQuery 1.0 implementation based on XPathNavigator API.
Key features of this XQuery implementation:
- Standard XPathNavigator API used
- Schema Aware XQuery
- On-demand document parsing
- Huge input files are not loaded into memory entirely
- XQuery expressions are compiled directly into MSIL
- Native support for MS Office OpenXML files
- Hash-join FLWOR optimization and implicit parallelization of XQuery requests
- XML mapping support (an experimental)
- Full implements of all minimal conformance
features due to standard W3C XML Query Language
XQuery Test Suite results on W3C